Thanks to the incredible generosity of the local Santa Barbara community, Grassini Family Vineyards has raised in excess of $650,000 over the last ten years for some very deserving local charities.
In 2021, we were thrilled to partner with the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation, an incredible non-profit with a mission to "transform lives and build a kinder and more inclusive future." The foundation provides practical family support, fund research, and they are in the process of building the first inclusive playground in Santa Barbara. They work to inspire courage, foster inclusion and create a kinder world around the globe.
Every child deserves to play. Playgrounds are vital public spaces for community connection and social development. Yet, the average playground is not designed to meet the needs of all those who want to play, particularly the one in four of us living with a disability. Gwendolyn’s Playground will be the first fully inclusive playground in Santa Barbara, enriching public spaces to truly serve our whole community, and elevating play to be more for everyone. Inclusive, innovative, whimsical and fun, Gwendolyn’s Playground is a place to spark wonder in every age. Considerate of the many ways we learn and grow, this sensory-rich environment removes the physical and social barriers of today’s typical playground. Here EVERYONE belongs and has opportunities to challenge themselves, play side-by-side, and have fun together. These experiences foster life-long lessons of cooperation, empathy, and kindness.
Through the generosity of our community, we were able to raise more than $150,000 for this incredible cause. Thank you to everyone who donated and showed your support!
- 2012 - Casa Esperanza Homeless Shelter - $1,400
- 2013 - Casa Esperanza Homeless Shelter - $4,000
- 2014 - Fairview Gardens - $5,000
- 2015 - "Katie's Fund" of Alpha Resource Center - $19,015
- 2016 - Sarah's House Hospice - $26,324
- 2017 - Food From the Heart - $81,616
- 2018 - Storytellers Preschool - $50,000
- 2019 - Domestic Violence Solutions for Santa Barbara County - $131,574
- 2020 - Foodbank of Santa Barbara - $182,000
- 2021 - Gwendolyn's Playground - $150,000